Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Happy New Year

January 11, 2016

It's been awhile since I posted.  Alot has happened in our lives and now that it's getting leveled out I hope to get back into posting and sharing.

I recently got a Brother ScanNCut2 machine that can scan in anything (flat) and then cut it out.
This is major!

It's been a few years now that I stopped using Xacto knifes in the Studio as well as doing detailed cutting in my crafting.  The Scan N Cut allows 'me to cut' again.  To create 3-D cards by means of layering cut images.  This is major!!! 

Currently I am just learning the machine, it's buttons and how it works.  Several gals I know have one so there's a ton of information sharing going on, but the best teacher is experience and discovery.  

Here's a sample of two images I colored in last night and had the machine cut for me.
I did go over the outline of the images with a black Copic Multi Liner pen # 1 or # 8.
I believe it's helping the scanner pick up the outline better.  I like a detailed cut on the line which is the way I used to cut out my images... most gals seem to enjoy the use of the border button.  Yes, you can select how thick a border you would like and the machine gives it.

Here's the detail cutting:

If you'll take notice of the right side of the snowman, LOOK! even his little branch arm was cut for me!  :) Woo hoo!

I'm not 100% sure why the snow on the left image was deleted, or not seen, and yet the snow on the right image was seen and left in.  I need to continue to learn.   I'll have plenty of opportunity right now too as I'm working on cards for RAKS and February birthdays, the first step, getting enough snow throwing gals cut out and ready to mount.

Thanks for stopping by, please feel free to leave a comment so I know you were here and I'm not just talking to myself.  

:) Be creative today,

Cara Febe Giaquinto

No comments:

Post a Comment